Like any person who likes to spend time in the kitchen, I love to read cookbooks. I love reading food blogs and learning which books are THE ones to have now. It probably started as a little kid, I used to sit in the kitchen and pour over cookbooks when my mom was making dinner.
There are a few problems with this little love of mine. As I have alluded to in many of my posts, the world’s smallest kitchen doesn’t allow for shelves and shelves of inspiration. The other is that is that it get’s pricey to buy them on whims all the time! Instead I have started to enjoy the hidden treasures of used bookstores, finding other people’s cast offs at reduced prices. Below are the books that I enjoy for their ideas, pictures, and information provided.
- A Little Taste of India
- Baking from My Home to Yours -Dorrie Greenspan
- The Bread Baker’s Apprentice: Mastering the Art of Extraordinary Bread – Peter Reinhardt
- Cake Decorating for the First Time – Jaynie Maxfield
- Cocktails Galore – Kate Moseley
- Cooking with Friends – Trish Deseine
- Crazy Plates: Low-Fat Foods So Good, You’ll Swear It’s Bad for You! – Janet and Greta Podleski
- Delia’s Kitchen Garden – Delia Smith & Gay Search
- Dining Out at Home: Vancouver – Myriam Leighton and Jennifer Stead
- Fresh: Seasonal Recipes Made with Local Foods – John Bishop
- Hello, Cupcake! Irresistibly playful creations anyone can make – Karen Tack & Alan Richardson
- Holiday Baking: New and Traditional Recipes for Winter Holidays – Sara Perry
- I’m Just Here for the Food V 2.0 – Alton Brown
- Jamie at Home: Cook Your to the Good Life – Jamie Oliver
- Mastering the Grill: The Owner’s Manual for Outdoor Cooking – Andrew Scholss and David Joachim
- Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home: Fast and Easy Recipes for Any Day – Moosewood Collective
- The Perfect Scoop: Ice Creams, Sorbets, Granitas, and Sweet Accompaniments – David Lebovitz
- Pie in the Sky: Successful Baking at High Altitudes – Susan G Purdy
- Pie, Pie, Pie: easy homemade favorites – John Phillip Carroll
- Prime Time Emeril – Emeril Lagasse
- Risotto – Clive Tring
- Smart Food: Culinary delights for optimal gray cell performance – Marlisa Szwillus
- Soup: superb ways with a classic dish – Debra Mayhew
- Vij’s: Elegant and Inspired Indian Cuisine – Vij Vikram & Meeru Dhalwala
- Weightwatchers Best Eats
- Weightwatchers Take-Out Tonight
Add to these a combo of Mexican cookbooks from TB’s mom, old Company’s Coming my mom passed along to me, and a mountain of cooking magazines.
My cookbook wish list can be found here. What are your favourites?