Sometimes I love how a recipe comes together as a result of what is the fridge/freezer. Every few months I get on a let’s clean the cupboards kick…creations with what is on hand. This is one of those 15 minute meals provided the right leftovers/ingredients are hanging around.
One of the best things about pasta is that it always tends to lend itself well to a mis-mash of ingredients. And while the photo is less than spectacular, we were certainly satisfied in our carbohydrate food induced coma.
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup veggie or chicken stock
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup prepared pesto sauce
1 cup overnight roasted tomatoes/garlic mixture
salt and pepper to taste
12-15 large shrimp
4 mini bocconcini balls (fresh mozzarella), sliced
your choice of cooked pasta, enough for four- we went with linguine, from the old standby homemade recipe
- In a medium sized pot, bring wine and stock to a low boil.
- Add pesto sauce, cream and the tomato/garlic mixture. Bring to a low simmer, add shrimp.
- Once shrimp is cooked through, has turned pink, add cooked pasta to the sauce, and stir.
- At the very end, stir in bocconcini. Serve with fresh basil as the garnish…we didn’t have any.
- Season with salt and pepper.