At work we talk about effort in, in relation to, results out. In terms of a recipe, this is short and simple. But the results are spectacular. I never tire of the recipes you can make with a deliciously slooow roasted, sweet and intense tomato. The key is long and low in the oven. It’s 5 minutes before bed, and then a quick pasta for dinner the next day. Or a deep rich tomato soup. It’s totally up to you.
2 lbs on the vine campari tomatoes, ripe
1 head (yes head) garlic, cloves peeled
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
pinch of salt
fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 150-160 F
- Wash and halve tomatoes
- Arrange halves, face up in a Pyrex casserole dish
- Spread garlic cloves amongst tomatoes
- Drizzle olive oil over
- Season with salt and pepper
- Place tomatoes in oven and roast for 10-12 hours, checking every few hours.
Toss with freshly cooked pasta, fresh basil and feta. A meal in minutes….errr…hours?