I love Banana Bread – always have. It smells homey to me…and this recipe is a breeze. Just a bowl and a wooden spoon. While the oven is heating up, you make up the batter and is ready in just over an hour…love easy desserts like that!
I’m heading out for the weekend to go meet a friends newest addition, little Finnley! So as I was straightening up I saw 4 ripe bananas that wouldn’t make it through to Monday, so I thought I would bake up a loaf and bring it with me for our weekend away. Enjoy!
4 ripe bananas
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup melted butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg beaten
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups AP flour
1/2 chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350
- In a bowl mash up the bananas.
- Mix in the melted butter.
- Add eggs, vanilla and sugar.
- Sprinkle baking powder and salt over batter and combine.
- Add flour and walnuts.
- Butter a loaf pan, add batter and bake for one hour. Check for doneness with the ol’ toothpick.
- Remove from pan after a few minutes and place on a rack. Allow to cool.
- Slice and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Simply Recipes