There’s no doubt that we eat out, and eat out too much. One of the places we used to love to go for dinner on occasion was Fet‘s, we haven’t been there in ages, but that doesn’t mean dinner can’t be inspired from there. Sadly we just learned they have taken this off the menu…too bad, at least we have something close at home!
TB loves cashews. Loves them. We could go to Costco and get one of those massive peanut butter sized containers full of cashews and they would be gone in a weekend. Combine the salty and richness of cashews with a spicy, somewhat sweet and rich Asian fusion sauce to top a noodle pasta and you have a great dinner…
2 chicken breasts, cut up into bite sized pieces
2 tsp sesame oil
salt and pepper
2 cups uncooked pasta
– in this case we used our homemade fettuccine, I will never buy it again, this was too good! –
6 cups salted water
1 Tbsp butter
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
2 Tbsp hoison sauce
2 Tbsp chili garlic sambal sauce
2 Tbsp fish sauce
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp honey
2 garlic cloves minced
1 green onion, chopped
1/8 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
3/4 cup halved cashews
- Bring pasta water to a boil. Cook pasta as per directions.
- Lightly season chicken with salt and pepper
- Heat sesame oil to pan, over medium to medium-high heat, cook chicken.
- Once cooked, remove from heat and cover.
- In the same pan you cooked the chicken, add all the sauce components allow to come together and bring to a simmer.
- Mix in pasta with sauce. Divide and serve in shallow bowls.
- Slice rested chicken and top onto pasta dish.
- Finally, top the dishes with chopped green onions, cheese and cashews.
Also great to serve a crusty bread with the meal… I know, I know, carb central! But it allows you to sop up all the rich and savoury sauce.