A friend of mine is getting married and we had a bridal shower for her this weekend. I love the opportunity to try new things at such gatherings, though I am sure most people prefer to try something new when it is just them – and not 15 other people! C’est la vie.
I love crispy wontons as an appetizer, and crab is tasty! I also love quick appies that can be prepared the night before, and then assembled just before needed. This is a combo of several different recipes I have tried over the years, and thought worked out pretty well – AND they look fancier than they actually are!
24 square wonton wrappers
2 x 6 oz cans of crab, drained
4 oz softened creamcheese
3 green onions, chopped
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium sized bowl combine: crab, creamcheese, 2 green onions, Worcestershire sauce and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Spray a mini-muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Gently place a wonton wrapper in each cup, and press down.
- Divide crab mixture, evenly amongst the 24 cups. Top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown and filling is heated through.
- Top with remaining green onion slices. Serve warm.
You can make filling the day before and then bake just before they are needed.