I had this moment the other day where I couldn’t remember how to make this vinaigrette…not that it would be the end of anything, but I enjoy it on a mixed green salad with crumbled feta, sliced green apples and thinly sliced red onions. Add a grilled chicken breast to the mix and it makes a tasty tasty meal.
3-4 slices bacon
2 tablespoons minced shallots or sweet yellow onion
1 clove garlic finely minced
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Fry bacon in a non-stick skillet
- Once bacon is cooked down, remove from skillet with slotted spoon, let drain on plate with paper towel.
- Remove all but 2 tablespoons of bacon fat
- Saute onions and garlic in fat – careful not to burn it
- Once onions and garlic are softened, add dijon mustard and mix into fat.
- Add vinegar and sugar allow sugar to dissolve, remove from heat and serve over salad. Can be served warm.
This isn’t meant to be kept in the fridge for much more than a day or two!