These make a great snack, appy or side. I think they are best to make when your other mealtime tasks are minimal. I know that deep frying is so bad for you, but everyone once in a while right? All good things in moderation!
2-3 small yams
3 cups vegetable oil
1 tsp salt
2 tsp Cajun seasoning
6 cups water
3/4 cup mayo
2 cloves roasted garlic
juice from one lemon
2-4 chipotle peppers
- Bring water a boil
- Heat oil to about 375 degree F
- Peal, wash and slice up yams
- Boil yams for about 1-2 minutes
- Strain yams, do not rinse, and lay out on towel to absorb extra moisture
- Carefully fry a handful of yams for about 2 minutes, remove and let drain on paper towel
- Fry remainder of yams
- Fry up yams in similar fashion a second time, this time let batches fry for about 4-5 min until golden brown
- Drain yams on a paper towel
- In a bowl, add yams and toss with salt and Cajun spice.
To make the chipotle mayo, in a food processor combine mayo, roasted garlic, lemon juice and chipotle (to taste).